Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let There Be Industrial Lights

I was really pleased to get the latest Rejuvenation catalog and see gutsy industrial lights like this. Love it! But it unfortunately doesn't fit anywhere in my house. Believe me, I've tried to think of a place. Actually, it would be pretty cool to have some of these hanging in the garage! Instead of the four bare boring lightbulbs out there now.

As we re-do our sunroom over the next year, we'll need three sconces out there to replace the current lights that look like mason jars screwed in a socket. We already have lights from Rejuvenation in other rooms and I've always been happy with their service. I like customizing the lights on their web site to get exactly what we want. When we changed our minds about the sconces for our bathroom renovation, Rejuvenation was great about exchanges. So they're now my go-to source for lights.

In the sunroom, we're installing 18" square porcelain tiles that look like faux slate with shades of bluish, browns, beiges, rusty-coppery colors. I might install a contrast ring of metallic copper tiles -- not perfect shiny but with verdigris and variation like they've been exposed to chemicals. This Rejuvenation sconce has a slight touch of industrial and the three punches of copper high up on the walls would look nice with the new floor. I would just switch the shade to something stronger.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails