Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shopping the World. In One Insomnia-Fueled Night.

My credit card may very well be shut down for suspected fraud, as tonight's journeys have taken me to Germany, Australia and the UK. A last hurrah before there's no more fabric shopping for me for awhile. A few unique things I've had my eye on for months:

This cutwork cotton from Germany (Anita Pavani):


It will surely become a summer tunic, as previously featured in a Stylin' Series post.

This cotton from Australia (Tessuti):


Destined to be a shift dress or shirtdress. Previously featured in a Stylin' Series post.

Finally, I've salivated over so much at MacCulloch & Wallis (UK store) for so long. So many unique bag fasteners, rivets, bucklescord locks, many styles of leather buttons (even hook & eye wrapped in leather!) and so much more.  My shopping basket always got more full than I can explain to the DH. So I never completed a purchase. I like to stash these sorts of supplies in case they're needed in the future, because they're not easy to find. Instead, today I chose a few pieces I will use for current projects, thus, careful choices. I got these bag fasteners:




Silver handbag chain:


Some coat chains for jackets (OK, I lie, this is for the stash "in case ever needed"):


And I love love love this fastener:


Also got jeans buttons and rivets. Due to the success others have had with the Jalie jeans, I will attempt them too with some stashed denim. I got copper-color rivets and buttons.

They have yummy fabrics too. Including a black linen jersey I'd love to do into a summer sweater for the city...

AN IDEA ...

If you like the cool fasteners like those shown above, but don't want to tackle a handbag, use fasteners on a belt, like this MICHAEL Michael Kors belt at Zappos:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails