Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

What's Your Color?

Yeah, another color personality quiz. Verrrrrrrry interesting results, considering that my distaste for the print in the last post is somewhat due to the yellow color. And while flipping through April's Harper's Bazaar to pass time on a Chicago-to-Philadelphia flight yesterday, I had a major dislike of this year's yellow fashion trend. The only yellow I ever like is the daffodils and forsythia blooming in our gardens right now. Maybe because after a long Chicago winter, color outside is very welcome and those are the only flowers blooming.


Anyway, a color test for you.

Surprise surprise, yellow is my color.

"You are quite the powerful thinker. It’s this talent that allows you to overcome a plethora of great obstacles. Luckily, this doesn’t affect your ego and you give off a pretty easy-going appearance. You enjoy the finer things in life and also have an attraction to art. If you can help it, you try not to rock the boat. But you also can’t stop yourself from searching for new ideas, methods or styles."

Hmmm. I do think all of this fits me. Why yellow for this? I don't feel like a sunny personality.

Could I grow to like yellow? I once despised orange. Now I love orange. I even committed to buying two paprika orange chairs for our living room six years ago, and love them as much today as I did then. They pop against our chocolate brown leather sofa and they look great with the orange and gold paisley cushion covers I've collected from India. Orange grew on me.

Yellow will never grow on me. I'm sure of it.

Um, am I sure of it? Edited to add, painfully obvious when this is the first post on the page and the photos are lined up just so -- perhaps yellow totes are OK.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails