Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Stylin' Fabric/Pattern Inspiration

Outfit obsession struck when I visited EmmaOneSock and saw this striped sweater fabric. Here's how I would sew and wear it:




Fabric: Italian virgin wool fall tones chunky sweater knit at EmmaOneSock

Pattern: Kwik Sew 3121 View C -- Kwik Sew envelope drawings usually look unappealing to me. Fuddy duddy. That's unfortunate, because they can sew up wonderfully into flattering clothes. Check out PatternReview.com for experiences of others. I love that they are simple patterns that when paired with a fabulous fabric, they let the fabric steal the show (as I think it should be), and they live up to their name, quick to sew.

Sources of the other pieces:

Tall boots from Anthropologie -- Do not think for one second that because these boots are posted here, that I can afford them. Sure as heck wish I could. I realize with tall boots sometimes you want to see them. If you want to see the boots, wear a black skirt and black tights for this outfit. I paired them with pants because this is a winter outfit, and there's nothing super special about the top of the boots. But I would love the bottom boot design to peek out from under pants. Surely someone must be doing a knock-off of these at lower price.

Anthropologie brown cord pants

Yellow leather handbag from Etsy seller ekaa

Black suede newsboy cap from Etsy seller swandarling -- I love newsboy caps and actually recycled an old wool scarf into a Vogue pattern newsboy cap. Almost done. Will post soon. Old scarves are great for repurposing into smaller accessories.

Funky big orange carnelian ring from Etsy seller georgiedesigns

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails